Oxford Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Identifier: SpC MS 0380
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are cashbooks, ledgers, accounts payable ledgers, and distribution ledgers.
- Oxford Electric Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Originally formed as the Norway and Paris Street Railway, the Oxford Electric Company also purchased property rights to supply electric power to the towns of Norway, Paris, and Mechanic Falls. The company had two divisions, the Mechanic Falls Division and the Norway & Paris Division. It stopped service on its street railway in 1918 and was absorbed by Central Maine Power Company in 1921.
15 ledgers (29-35 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cashbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Oxford Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note