Ossipee Valley Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine.
- Ossipee Valley Power Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Ossipee Valley Power Company was incorporated in Maine by Chapter 258 of the Private and Special Laws of 1907, approved February 15, 1907. Corporators were Charles A. Bodwell, Will J. Bodwell and Stillman A. Bodwell. The company was authorized to develop waterpower on the Little Ossipee River and its tributaries in York County and to sell electricity to the towns of Shapleigh, Newfield, Limington, Waterboro and Alfred. The company became part of the Cumberland County Power & Light Company in 1913; Cumberland was acquired by the Central Maine Power Company in 1942.
1 ledger (29 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Central Maine Power Company (Organization)
- Guide to the Ossipee Valley Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States