Newport Light & Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine.
- Newport Light & Power Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Organized sometime before 1903 and located in Newport, Maine, the Newport Light & Power Company was authorized to sell gas and electricity in the towns of Newport, Plymouth, Detroit, and Palmyra. This company was acquired by Central Maine Power Company in 1920.
5 ledgers (22-36 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Newport Light & Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note