Robert H. Newall Papers
Scope and Contents
The papers of a critic, columnist, and professional pianist and organist. Included are reviews written by Mr. Newall and programs collected by him in his career as a critic and patron of the arts. Included are correspondence, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and theater programs.
- Newall, Robert H., 1924-2002 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Robert H. Newall was born in 1924 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and died in 2002. He earned his B.A. in English in 1945 at the University of Pennsylvania and his M.A. there in 1948. He contributed many articles in newspapers and journals and was also a professional pianist and organist. He was a college professor in English and taught at the University of Maine from 1965 to 1967. He was arts critic for the Bangor Daily News from 1965 to his retirement in 1987.
5 linear feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Art critics -- Pennsylvania Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bangor Daily News (Bangor, Me.)
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Theater -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theater critics -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theater programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Robert H. Newall Papers
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States