William H. Miller Legal Correspondence
Scope and Contents
This collection primarily consists of legal correspondence to and from clients and plantiffs. Additionally, there are a number of documents from the Waldoboro Post Office, 1826-1839, and two histories of Waldoboro.
- Miller, William H. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
William H. Miller was an attorney in the town of Waldoboro, Maine in the 1890s and 1900s. He specialized in debt collection and bankruptcy.
2 linear feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Roger E. Miller, 1974.
Included in the collection: Payne, Frederick G. 1772-1972, 200th Anniversary of the German Church and Meeting House, n.p, n.d., and Waldoboro's History, Waldoboro Historical Society, Waldoboro, ME, 1972 (?)
- Accounts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lawyers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Practice of law Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Receipts (Financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the William H. Miller Legal Correspondence
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note