Daphne Winslow Merrill Research Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection is composed of research notes, scrapbooks and manuscripts for Ms. Merrill's book on Maine lakes, and some other papers concerning the American Mothers Committee, Toy Len Goon, Mother of the Year, 1953 and class materials for teaching English.
- Merrill, Daphne Winslow (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Daphne Merrill was born in Rockland, Maine. She received her B.A. from UMaine in 1927 and M.A. in 1937. She was a teacher of English in secondary schools and a professor of English at UMaine, Auburn. She is author of three books and past President of the Maine Federation of Business and Professional Women.
3 linear feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Daphne W. Merrill, Sept. 1973 and August 1975.
- American Mothers Committee
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Goon, Toy Len, 1892-1993
- Lakes -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women authors, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's studies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's studies -- Testing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Daphne Winslow Merrill Research Papers
- Box And Folder List Available
- Richard Robey
- April 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States